18.1.14

LITHOGRAPHIC PRINTING



At work the other day my boss had a meeting with a woman from a lithographic printers and asked if I'd like to sit in as it's something I'm really interested in. It meant I got to see lots of different samples of work and printing techniques and results that can be achieved with the traditional printing processes and how it can completely change a publication in a way digital will never be able to.

Although you can't do short run printing with lithographic for simple cost effectiveness, it has made me consider for the final magazine attempting old school practices and doing things like screen printing covers or printing and binding the magazine myself.

Here is a sample the woman gave me from Ross & Bute. I particularly liked this one because of the simple high quality print, paper grade and the foiling technique on the front.



No comments:

Post a Comment